Sunday, 3 February 2013

Staying away at home

Friends living in the condo where we used to live are currently exploring the cold weather in far away places, and so now I have got a whole apartment to myself, whilst babysitting plants and checking in on the letter box. The flat is identical to the one we used to live in, even on the same floor, only facing slightly different view as it is located in another block. So it sort of feels like home, just different interior.


The plan was to enjoy some alone time and the condo facilities. So far that has not really worked out too well. Yesterday I went down to the condo gym to do a little running on the treadmill. The small room smells like hell, it was hot like an oven and I realized the treadmill has definitely seen better days. So no more condo gym, sticking to the one I paid for, enjoying the fresh cool air, abundance of workout options and helpful staff. And today it's raining, so who needs a pool.

Good stuff in CondoHome is the view and the breeze that the 27th floor offers. Especially post-rain breeze is freakishly good. I also enjoy running into neighbors that I am friends with instead of the Bangla-workers and mainland Chinese people that I bump into going up and down the stairs at WalkUpApartmentHome. The elevator is absolutely a plus for CondoHome tough. And the kitchen. I just stocked up with lots and lots of frozen pizza. Having an oven rocks!

The alone time however is really crappy. Well, naturally it is nice at times, I kind of enjoy being on my own. But I think being alone takes some getting used to, and I'm just not used to it at all. I sort of get the feeling that most things in life were made for two. Like having breakfast, complaining about the weather, drinking wine, etc. Things that are awesome for one person is reading a book, look for a job and I guess getting to know oneself. None of which I'm currently interested in doing. I'm happy I have the blog and can ramble on and actually feel both alone and not alone at the same time. Like being at home, yet away. If anyone got the hint I'll be all kinds of free for another week plus. :)


1 comment:

  1. Things to do while eating pizza:

    - Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENS8eVfHAXU
    - Listen to: http://open.spotify.com/track/1nrvksAMsxoiEbUkQyxOXo
    - Learn some origami: http://www.365slojd.se/?p=1887
    - Check out this blog: http://annagillar.se/

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete