Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Welcoming the Water Snake

Once again it is a new year and gong xi gong xi gong xi gong xi is on repeat everywhere all the time. Don't know what I'm talking about, or just want to read this post with a wicked soundtrack; check out a very catchy version on YouTube.

So what is the Chinese New Year (CNY) all about? Well, in Singapore you get a few days off to go around seeing your relatives and throw fish in the air to ensure a prosperous future. Oranges are being exchanged high and low, children are getting rich on Red Letters, love letters are being eaten and all the Ang Moh's get seriously pissed off that there are no cabs around. To find out more, check Wiki, there is indeed a lot to learn about the CNY.

As I myself is born in the year of the Dog, according to the Chinese astrology, us dogs are happy that we are finally entering the year of the Snake, leaving the Dragon behind us. Apparently this coming year will bring me great career opportunities and new romance. As I am both jobless and without partner, I get a feeling they might be on to something these astrology people.

More importantly I just discovered that even though I am born in the year of the Dog, it does not mean I am a dog. Ha! I have been a little upset about my zodiac animal, feeling that being kept on a leach and getting excited about balls is not really who I truly am. Now however I have discovered that the "Lucky Element" tells you what animal you really are, according to when you are born, gender, etc. You can give it a try here. I did, and found out I'm a White Metal Tiger. Hell yeah!! Feeling empowered already.













No comments:

Post a Comment